Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the search for The Ramen continues

And the search for the best ramen in Singapore continues.

I had my 1st bowl of ramen only like 1 year ago in my 30 years of living at Ichibantei Robertson Quay. And boy was I hooked. I lurve the way the char siew was done, i lurve how the soy egg melts in my mouth. These are the 2 main criteria for me for a good ramen. And so my quest to search for the best ramen in Singapore begins.

Correction: my dar juz pointed out to me that i had my 1st taste of ramen when we were in Tokyo Sep 2006 :P. But I only got hooked on ramen last year after my visit to Ichibantei.

So far, I've only tried the ramen at 4 shops; Ichibantei Robertson Quay, Miharu Gallery Hotel, Marutama Liang Court, and last night at Santouka The Central.

The ramen at Ichibantei was my 1st lurve. I forgot the name of the ramen I always order. But I always have the spicy version. It comes with 2 pieces of char siew and 1 soy egg. The char siew is good, the egg is super good. And it's not too pricey.

After a few times to Ichibantei, I decided we should give other ramen shops a try. So, we went to Miharu, which happens to be Edna's favourite ramen shop. I ordered the non-spicy ramen. It comes with 1 piece of char siew and 1 soy egg. I didn't dig that shop at all. I guess it's because their char siew is the lean meat type. I lurve those juicy and fatty type. Heehee. Miharu's kinda too dry for my liking. And I didn't like their soup. Bleah.

Then, I went to Marutama solo and had their Nama Karashi ramen. It comes with only 1 piece of char siew. Their char siew was good, noodles was good. I forgot to order a side of their soy egg. Both the ramen at Ichibantei and Miharu comes with a soy egg though. My only complain (if you can call that) was that the soup was a tad salty. But I like!

And we finally went to Santouka last night. We had their Kara-miso ramen. It comes with 2 pieces of char siew. We ordered the side dish of their soy egg too. Their char siew was thick and juicy, yummy! Their soy egg is good too. And the soup is not as salty as Marutama's. Their noodles is good; it tastes different from the other ramen shops! I am so going to order their char siew ramen which comes with like 4-5 pieces of char siew the next time I am there!


So my recommendation right now (if you lurve juicy char siew ramen) would be Santouka, Marutama, Ichibantei.

2 comments:

  1. my best ramen was of course when I went to Japan. I liked both the ones I tried in Tokyo & Sapporo.
    Hmm...those pics look good. Maybe will go try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beijia9:57 PM

    hmm, have you tried torisho taka at gallery hotel? heard that their ramen was not bad.
    lol, but the couple of times that i went there, i had their grilled items- which was really delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...