Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving today. This holiday is celebrated in the United States on the fourth thursday in November and most people celebrate by gathering at home with family or friends for a holiday feast. Thanksgiving was originally a religious observance for all the members of the community to give thanks to God for a common purpose. Although we do not celebrate this in Singapore, it just got me thinking of the things that I am thankful for:

People
- Being married to my husband. We've made a few roundabouts in life before we finally got together. Life has been blissful since.
- Kaelyn. She is my favourite baby girl! Heehee. And I am thankful that she did not give me a hard time during my pregnancy; No nausea, no discomfort of any sort, nothing!
- My family. We went through a tough patch when my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer. But she pulled through the treatments and is now living a normal life. 3 more years before the safe period :)
- My friends, whom I still keep in contact with, be it once a week, once a month, once a year, or once in a blue moon. You have played a part in my life, no matter how small, and I am grateful for that. There are so many (billions?) of people in the world, and yet our paths cross in one way or another.

& the Little Things in Life
- Being able to stay at home to look after Kae without worrying about making ends meet.
- Being able to afford the little luxuries in life without worrying about the credit card bill, like having foie gras 2 days in a row! Heehee :P
- Being able to gorge (literally!) on food while I am still pumping milk, heehee. Sigh, I have to watch my diet real soon as my supply is plunging!
- Having steamboat at Roxy Square when my parents take care of Kae on tuesdays!
- Watching re-runs of the Nanny and Friends on cable.
- That I am healthy (i think)!
- Getting back in shape so quickly after giving birth to Kae. Heehee. My pre-pregnancy bottoms are all now a bit loose for me!
- That there is so much yummie food around. Like the sashimi at Fish Mart Sakuraya Parkway, durian ice-cream at Scoopz Parkway, curry puffs at Tambuah Mas, donuts at J&Co, foie gras at Au Petit and Le Nicolas, Frogs' Leg porridge at Victoria Street, passion fruit meringue cake from the Patissier, pasta at Ristorante Da Valentino, etc etc.

And my list goes on... Will add on as and when...

What will your list of things to be thankful for be like? Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...