Friday, November 07, 2008

Shin's Cancer Blog

You might have noticed that I've added Shin's cancer blog to the list of webbies I am visting. I knew about her from this Channel 8 documentary aired a few days again.

Shin is suffering from advanced breast cancer. What drew me to her story? She seemed very strong in the documentary even though now her cancer had spread to her brain, lungs and liver. After reading through her blog, I was very intrigued by her never give up attitude towards her health and life itself.

Being a mother now myself, I always worry what if I am not around for my young baby. You see, my mum was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer 2 years back. Having finished her chemo, she is now in the clear, but still on oral medication for 3 more years. I pray everyday that my mum will reach the 5 year "safe" mark soon.

I worry that I will somehow inherit this condition from her. More so now that I have a baby to care for. Breast cancer seems so "common" nowadays, so much so that it scares me. I've always respected the patients for being brave enough to face up to their condition, and for fighting to be alive for their loved ones. I wonder. What if. Will I be as brave. Will I be as tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...