Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Kae's 1st Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of 2010

I've been really busy and tired these few days coz of Kae going to full day school for the 1st time in her life.

It is not going well at all.

I was with Kae the 1st day, as in she knows that I am there. Everything was fine in the morning when she reached, coz I was with her. Then they went for play at the play room. And she was lurving it. When they came out of the room, I tried to hide, and she cried. When I left her alone out of sight, she cried. When the teacher gave her a bath, she cried. Basically she cried when she can't see me. And I had to feed her milk, and rock her to sleep on her 1st day. I was so tired at the end of the day, when dar came to pick us up at 7pm.

Little Skool House actually send parents photos of their kids taken during school time. Some pictures of her taken on her 1st day:





The 2nd day, I told her that I am going to work, and hence will not be around. She wailed like mad when the teacher brought her in. I had to stay outside the school at the viewing window to see what she's doing. Basically, as long as they start a new lesson, aka, start something new for the students to do/play with, she was okay. Once they are done, she starts to remember me and keeps wailing "mummy come back". It was really heart wrenching. Being so near to her, and yet can't do anything to console her. So she wailed on and off when she remembers that I am not around. Once in their classroom, she would run to the door and look out at the entrance to see if I am back. Heart pain. She did that so many many many times. Sigh. I really had to psych myself up to only go to her at 445pm; when my parents came over to fetch us home. I was so tired; I knocked out when I reached home and woke up only when dar came back from work.

Some pictures of her taken on her 2nd day:




Today is the 3rd day of school. But Kae is home with me. Why? Because she had been waking up crying with her eyes opens every 10-20 minutes throughout the night until in the morning! And I do mean it literally. Seriously! I decided that she would be too cranky for school. So decided to give her a day off. Though the principal did say that it's quite common when I called the school and that Kae would be more cranky on the 4th day when she returns.

But erm, Kae might not go to school on the 4th day after all. Coz she is now having high fever and runny nose! Argh. It is definitely due to lack of sleep and dehydration! She has been drinking very little water the past 2 days even though she had been crying buckets. Sigh.

It is not going well at all.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    Anne Jia you! sometimes really have to be heartless..... i know how u feel also ....

    QQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 PM

    wow she really is very attached to you. if you're not going back to work, how about keeping her with you till she is a little older? If you are, then I guess there is no choice. they do take a week to a month to really get used to a new school though. jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you. poor kae - she probably needs time to adjust. my mom was concerned that claire would have that separation anxiety as well. kae probably had nightmares and worried you'ld leave her. if you can maybe try doing just 2 - 3 hours for a start, then extend the time slowly. she needs to familiarize herself with the place and people, just like the last time at JG and then she'll be better. hugs hugs hugs. don't worry. it's only at the start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, can tell from the pictures that Kae has been crying...Must be heart wrenching for you too... on the bright side, its Kae's first step to independence which is something to cheer about!

    Take care - all would be good with time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wei ling2:05 PM

    hi, give her plenty of time to adjust, lots of love and reassurance! mag took a week to adjust and it was only playgroup of 2 hrs... things will get better! jia you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...