Sunday, October 03, 2010

The 5th year

It's our 5th wedding anniversary today.

Sad to say, this year, we didn't manage to really celebrate both our Rom nor wedding anniversaries; we were in the hospital as Kerri was born the day before our Rom anniversary, and we were just too busy and tired from work and caring for the 2 girls that we forgot about celebrating our wedding anniversary.

It's kind of disappointing, as I had been looking forward to this day amidst all the crazy changes and madness going on. I knew this day will come, but I didn't expect it to be so soon, just after 5 years. And to think we used to talk about changing our wedding bands during the 5th year.

Anyway, what we managed to do was to head down to our favorite meat place, Gyu Kaku for a simple dinner.



I've been thinking about my own wedding 5 years ago. And I realized that I wish a lot of things could have been different. Like for instance, I loved the diamond version of my wedding band, but instead I chose the one without (basically the guy version) as to save $. I would have loved to hold my wedding dinner at another hotel but alas we can't really meet the minimum number of tables so no choice. I would have loved to have my gown done at DC and photographed by CL, but instead chose SW as the cost factor kept hovering in my brain. I would have bought all my bridesmaids similar dresses in the same colour as it would have looked better in the wedding photos.

All brides want to have their perfect dream wedding. Sad to say, I didn't have the wedding I've always wanted. But I found the perfect guy to have the wedding with.

Happy 5th anniversary dar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...