Monday, October 11, 2010

Brunch at Barracks

We were thinking of brunch places to go to when I stumbled upon Barracks Cafe. We never ate at Barracks though we did venture there for a look see when we were planning Kae's 1st year birthday party 2 years back.

Reservations are a must if you want to go to Barracks on a Sunday. Applies to most of the popular brunch places actually. The place was bustling with people when we reached. Boy was I glad I called in advance.

Dar, as usual, had their 7-layer pancakes, while I ordered my usual eggs benedict, and we had the spanish donuts to share.

The 7-layer pancakes was something different compared to the usual pancake fare we get from other brunch places. In between the layers of dough and nutella spread are variations of nuts, apricots, pistachios, and raisins. I thought it was average; my jaw would definitely be tired out after all that chewing.


My eggs benedict was alright too. What I like about the dish is that they gave a lot of baby spinach.


The spanish donuts were quite disappointing. I felt that they were too deep fried for my liking. I miss the churros at Tokyo Disneyland.


I guess we will return for more since we have a 10% off voucher for our next visit. And dar likes the view and ambience of the cafe. But our favorite brunch place is still Rider's Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...