Friday, December 10, 2010

Otto and Kki

As dar was on leave, we took the chance to go for a nice meal. The last time we did was just before I popped in June.

And so we headed to Otto Ristorante for lunch. He has been meaning to bring me to this eatery forever as he thought the food was great on one of his lunch visits there. And yummy the food did taste. Even the pork belly which was on the house.


We ordered from the ala carte menu, as we wanted to try other food. One good thing about this place is that they change their set lunch menus weekly, so one will never get to be sick of their food. And so we had their pan roasted foie gras, hokkaido scallop carparccio and parma ham to share. For mains, I had the spaghetti with sea urchin and grey mullet bottarga, while dar had the veal ravioli with truffle and sage emulsion. All are yummy!






For dessert, I managed to drag dar to Kki, a place I've been meaning to try for ages. When we reach at 3pm, the mont blanc and tiramisu were already sold out. So, I settled for the Antoinette, which is the white chocolate mousse with mango centre while dar had the Cafe Dumo which is the chocolate coffee mousse with praline centre. And both are delicious! The trip there wasn't cheap though, which is a major turn off for dar. For 2 slices of cakes and 2 cups of Nespresso, the trip costs us $30 plus. I reckon I have to find another sweet tooth friend to try the other cakes there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...