Thursday, December 08, 2011

Hong Kong day 2


The first thing we did when we woke in the morning is to take a walk around Elements, which is just next door from W Hotel. Actually, Elements and W Hotel are in the same building just above the Kowloon MTR station. Talk about convenience!

We only managed to check out Carshoe, where dar bought a pair of greyish blue loafers. Stylish!

After the purchase, we headed to Maxim's Palace City Hall for dim sum lunch, where Aud joined us during her lunch break.

Frankly speaking, I was kind of disappointed with the standard of their dim sum. The last time I was in HK in 2007, a local friend gave us directions to this small restaurant which serves the best dim sum I've ever tasted. But I forgot where that place was. But I guess for tourists who want to satisfy their dim sum craving, Maxim's is the place to go to. The place is grand, with high ceilings and a gold colour decor.

And here are the dim sum we had. My favorite has to be the mango pudding. Yup, and that's not even dim sum.







After lunch, we headed to the nearby IFC for coffee. And I just had to take a photo of the one and only Apple shop in HK. Hah.

A parting shot with Aud before she rushed back to work.

And since we were at Central, after shopping at IFC, we just have to head to Tai Cheong for our favorite egg tarts.

And with nowhere to go, we decided to head to Citygate Outlets to see if there are good deals for us to buy. And buy we did. I didn't manage to get anything though. Dar managed to snag a couple of tops, along with tops for his nephew, my dad and a pouch for my mum. Yah yah, it's me. I can't shop at outlets. Haha.

It was quite late when we headed back to the hotel to put our bags. By the time we left the hotel for dinner, it was 9pm. We asked the hotel bell boy where was a good place to go to if we still need dinner, and he asked the taxi driver to guide us to a part of Tsim Sha Tsui, where we decided to pop into Lok Yuen Beef Ball King's for dinner.

As usual, I ordered the brisket version while dar had the beef sliced version. And of course a small bowl of fried fish skin to share.

I was quite happy with my noodles. Who wouldn't be at this late hour with an empty stomach. But their coffee tasted awful!

After our late dinner, we walked around Tsim Sha Tsui, with dar wanting to find this place he remembered from 2007. And found it, we did. Presenting 1881 Heritage, a cultural and shopping landmark in Hong Kong, transformed from the former Marine Police Headquarters.

The whole place is really pretty at night with all the Xmas lightings and decor. We saw quite a few students taking their graduation photos there.



And what better way to end the night with a sweet note than to have dessert at Sweet Dynasty.

Yes, I know, I'm a sucker for mango pudding. Hee. This mango pudding with pomelo and beancurd is super!

We finally ended our last night in HK with drinks at the hotel lobby.

Or so we thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...