Saturday, September 01, 2012

Night Festival 2012

I missed the Night festival last year, so I told myself I have to make it for the Night Festival 2012. Ever since we have the girls, I have been trying to see if there are any places we can bring the girls to other than the usual shopping centres and cafes.

We parked at Bugis+, the previous Illuma, as we didn't want to squeeze with the huge crowd that I was expecting to park at the nearer car parks at The Cathay etc.

It was our first time at Bugis+. I didn't know this place was so crowded! The whole shopping centre was full of people, and all the eating places were packed with long queues. So, we managed to find the Asian Kitchen, the one with the shortest queue. I have 2 hungry girls with me. I had no alternative.


After dinner, we walked towards Queens Street, and our first stop of the night was the SAM at 8Q.

30 pairs of giant quirky animal eyes greeted us from the corridors of the SAM. Modeled after the eyes of birds, fishes and reptiles, the eyeballs seem to be looking back at us.















The Fish Tank was the girls' favorite. When they touched the digital fish, they swam away!

Next stop, the SAM facade. Look at how pretty the exterior was.







Walking towards the SMU campus where the performances were was a total nightmarre. The roads were swamped with people, and I was really afraid at one point there might be a stampede!

I didn't manage to take any photos but we caught 2 performances by Fuerzabruta, namely the Mylar (where 4 dancers slip and slide in rapturous motion in a 15 metre pool suspended high overhead), and Corredoras (2 dancers somersault and dive at immense speed along a huge foil silvered curtain). Both were really interesting to watch.

If we were there without the girls, we might have explored the festival further. But Kae and Kerri were with us, and I was really worried for their saftey. Besides, Kae kept whining about heading back to the SAM where parts of the activities from the Art Garden were still ongoing.

First stop, the coloring and stamping station!

Second stop, Kae's favorite, the dancing section! Can you spot the 2 girls?















And then it's to the mix and match section!






















Finally, the glow in the dark garden. The last time we were there, the staff helped Kae fold a leaf. This time round, the staff helped and taught Kae how to fold a flower. Oh, and Kerri and daddy joined in the fun too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...