Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Saveur

I was all excited about making my way down to Saveur for lunch today.


Much hype has been buzzed about this French eatery which serves quality food at a super cheap price. Think coffee shop prices.

I reached at 210pm. Their previous website at saveur.sg (which now links to their Facebook page) states that the place is opened till 3pm, and last order will be at 245pm. The hostess then told me that the information had not been updated, and that the last order is now at 215pm. And she told me that  they are already closed for lunch. Hey, it was not 215pm yet. She sensed my unhappiness, and then changed her tone and said reluctantly that I could still have lunch there but I have to order NOW. And so I took a look at their menu and just ordered whatever came to my mind. 

I only ordered 2 dishes. And the first dish was their angel hair pasta with minced pork and shrimp. At $3.90 a plate, I don't think I can fault the dish. Except I felt it was a tad dry.


Next was a big disappointment. Their foie gras. Which costs less than $10. They no longer serve a bigger portion of the liver, and so I had to make do with the teeny weeny portion. The exterior was not crisp as I would usualy like my foie gras. The whole liver was just too soft. 




















I left the place feeling unsatisfied. Maybe I had too much expectations of the food due to all the hype. But then again, for the price, I shouldn't complain too much. I bet many people will still flock to the place for french food.

Saveur
Add: 5 Purvis Street, Singapore 188584
Tel: 6333 3121
www.saveur.sg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...