Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The 3rd night

I am praying and wishing and hoping that Kae will not puke anymore after tonight. This is the 3rd night she's sick and I am keeping vigil by her side myself 2nd night in a row. Dar has been sleeping in the next room as he is also sick and needs his rest to go back to work tomorrow from his medical leave.

It all started on Sunday night when Kae puked in her sleep. You can only imagine how freaked out we were. That night was really crazy as we had to pacify her, clean up her mess, and try to make her sleep. I never knew a toddler can puke out more in terms of quantity compared to that of an adult. It was that scary.

We brought her to the pediatrician Monday morning; dar took the morning off. She informed us that Kae most probably got the bug from the mil on Thursday when we went back for our weekly dinner; we only knew the mil vomitted and had diarrhoea that few days when we went back for a short while on Sunday evening. Apparantly, Kae's 2 cousins also fell sick but theirs is less serious as they did not vomit. It could have been caught from anyone really.

I would think that this is Kae's most serious sickness ever. She don't have any appetite at all. She doesn't want to take her medication; she puked when we tried to force her to take the diarrhoea medication with a syringe. She is still puking and having diarrhoea the 2nd day. Sigh.

And it doesn't help that dar also fell sick on monday night. Father and daughter always seem to fall sick together, which makes my already tough time taking care of 1 sick toddler even worse. But dar has been doing his best to help out with Kae even though he's sick.

And now here i am, into my 3rd night of caring for a sick toddler. I am praying she will get well really soon, even if it means sleepless nights for me. You can't imagine how hard it is to watch your baby puke and not able to help stop her suffering.

Oh, and moral of the story, don't come near Kae when you are sick, ever.

Typed on the iPhone. My eyes are going crazy now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear. I will be praying for you and your girl. My son has gotten very sick a couple of times, weeks of me not being able to sleep and him so so uncomfortable, so I completely understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...