Friday, October 23, 2009

and the search for the Ramen continues

I finally had a taste of Tampopo ramen!

We went to the newly opened branch at Takashimaya, located just next to Mos Burger. The place was clearly a crowd favorite as the place was crowded at 8 plus in the evening, while the restaurants around were all quite empty.

I had their Black Pig Shabu Ramen, while dar had their Black Pig Tokusen BBQ Pork Ramen. We both ordered an extra soy egg each as our ramen doesn't come with one.




What we had was their Kyushu Ramen; their soup is pork bone soup and their noodles are thin and hard. It takes 2 days to make their pure pork bone soup. Hmm. Well, their ramen did not disappoint; I thought it was good! But my heart still inches towards Santouka more, and Ichibantei and Tampopo are closely contesting for 2nd place. I will go back and try Tampopo's Black Pig Toro (?) ramen. It was apparently so hot that it was "out of stock". The meat I presume. And have to wait for their next shipment to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...