Monday, October 12, 2009

Tokyo Trip Day 2

Day 2 in Tokyo was washed out by the rain.

We booked a day tour up Mount Fuji which comprised of a trip to the Fuji Visitor center, a drive halfway up Mount Fuji to the 5th station at an altitude of 2305m, a Japanese-style lunch at a restaurant, a cruise on Lake Ashi (Ashinoko Yuransen), a ride on an aerial cableway up and down for a sweeping view of the celebrated Hakone National Park and a return back to Tokyo via the Shinkansen. This cost us a cool 32,000 Yen. Yes. You go do the math to convert to Sing dollar. Sigh.

Upon reaching the 5th station, there was NO sign of Mount Fuji at all; it was raining cats and dogs, the winds were blowing, and it was super cloudy. It was plain wet and cold for us.


The lunch was alright for me. It's not fantastic but good enough to fill my empty stomach. Lunch was at this restaurant within a hotel (I forgot the name) just next to the Highland Bus Terminal. I think we should have just taken a bus to this place by ourselves for the Mount Fuji view on hindsight. It's so so so so much cheaper!



After lunch, we went on for our cruise on Lake Ashi. Usually in fine weather, one can expect to see views of Mount Fuji (Ipresume) and the natural surroundings. But as it was a bad weathered day, all we could see were cloud like fogs. It's as if we were cruising through the clouds literally.


And as you can guess, the ride on the aerial cableway up and down Mount Komagatake was cancelled due to the gusty wind and heavy rain. And we were brought to a museum instead. Erm, what museum, I have no idea. Oh Kae enjoyed herself at the museum; she kept playing with this other boy who was also on the tour. Hah!




The Shinkansen ride was okay I guess. It's just a fast moving train. Since it was night time, we couldn't get any glimpse of what the journey back looked like. And we ended the night wiht my only ramen of the trip. Seriously, I think the standard of the ramen is average. I think the more reputable shops in Singapore has better ramen. I want more! I miss Santouka!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...