Friday, February 05, 2010

the 2nd time round

I'm currently 19 weeks and 6 days preggy. A few changes this 2nd time round.

1. I'm feeling more uncomfortable compared to when I had Kae. When I was expecting Kae, I didn't feel anything at all, except for the Braxton Hicks which I had during the late 3rd trimester. This time round, i felt nauseous during the early stage. Imagine how much i felt like puking when we were on the road trip to Perth. Hah! But the good thing was I didn't. Everything was kept within me. Hah!

2. I'm feeling bloatedness everyday. It's affecting my appetite I think. Now I don't eat as much as I used to. I don't have any craving for any food except for foie gras perhaps. I cannot even finish my own plate of food even after sharing with Kae half of my food.

3. I get tired really easily. I think it's my age.

4. I look bigger than the 1st time round. My tummy is looking huge for a 19 week-er. I think I look like a 25 week-er. Even though I only put on less than 3kg (weight taken as of yesterday). And the funny thing is, all my food seems to go to my tummy. My face (i think), my limbs are still not feeling the weight gain.

5. I prefer to wear shorts and short skirts now. I always wore capris the 1st time round, but nowadays, I feel damn hot to wear even 3-quarters! So I have been buying shorts and skirts to wear. My cny dresses are shorter than my normal pre-preggy dresses!!!!!

This time round, I am thinking that I can handle the baby all by myself. The thing I hate about hiring a confinement nanny is that they stink up my whole kitchen with oil! My kitchen was damn oily even after she cleaned it everyday. So this time round, I've decided to cater my confinement food, and ask my mum to take leave and help me for 2 weeks if her work permits her to. I guess I am feeling more confident this time round with the previous experience. So, I'm even psyching myself up in case the baby comes earlier than expected and my mum can't take leave then. I can do it! Of course, my dar will suffer more with this decision of mine, coz then he would have to help in caring for Kae in the night. But I think all things will work out in the end.

I am kinda feeling stupid too for not insisting to buy new stuff for Kae when she was a baby, ie. the cot, the playpen, etc, the list goes on. It's kinda a waste now to buy new ones now for the baby when we are so not having a 3rd one! And kinda troublesome to move back the stuff from another family whom we've passed the hand me downs to. Argh. So, if you are having your first kid and have no intention of stopping at just one, please just buy your own stuff!

And it's kinda tough being preggy with Kae around. I have been picking Kae up from school everyday. And we would usually go off to shopping centres to wait for the daddy to finish work and have dinner together. The problem in bringing out Kae alone without the daddy is that she always want me to carry her! And when daddy comes along, she wanna walk instead! Argh. I'm getting heavier to be abe to carry Kae. Sigh. Tiredness and cramps will then kick in.

Recently, I've been looking at all the old photos of Kae when she was a baby.



I do miss those days when she was young, and oh so babyish. Hah! I really cannot imagine what my life will be like when this baby comes along. I'm kinda the few in my gang of friends to have kids, let alone 2! So, my friends, please make time to go out with me before I vanish completely in June! Wahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. FOIE GRAS FOIE GRAS FOIE GRAS! :D *snicker*
    take yours fully cooked ya. hugs. next time we go out i carry kae, you carry claire. easier for you. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...