Monday, May 24, 2010

Less good food the 2nd time round

I just realised that poor Baby K is deprived of good food.


Good food meaning food that is deemed nutritious for the baby and mummy. I remember when I had Kae, mummy would consciously cook fish ("gnaw" fish or cod fish) everyday for lunch. Then I would meet dar for dinner outside. Or I would tabao economical rice with 1 meat and 2 vegetables. And every (other) tuesday when my mum was on her off day, she would cook dinner for us back at Bishan. Dinner as in fish, meat and vegetable, which is to my liking, which I can't say the same for my dar, hah! No special/nutritious food for me at the in-laws' for our weekly dinner though.

I would also watch what I eat. Strictly no raw food, not even half boiled eggs. I only had 2 pieces of salmon sashimi once during the 9 months I was pregnant with Kae. No steak, as even though you ask for well done steaks, they would not be so well done in the end.

Now, with Baby K, I only cook fish for lunch every alternate day if I am hardworking. Sometimes I just survive on bread, milk, and cereal for lunch. And instant noodles too. I am too lazy to go tabao economical rice for lunch, unless during my lunch trips to NTUC. Yes, I still go NTUC now to buy the household stuff. In my big yellow bag. Hah! My mum does not cook dinner on her off days now, as she and my dad would go pick Kae from school and take care of her instead. And still no special/nutritious food at the in-laws' for our weekly dinner.

I eat raw food still. Though of course not frequently. I think I had some sashimi (maybe around 5-6 pieces) like twice in this pregnancy. I had well done steak once. I still eat foie gras. And I am eating more sweet stuff, which is not good, erm gestational diabetes duh!

So, it's no wonder Baby K weighs less than Kae when they are of the same "age". The gynae predicts that Baby K will weigh between 2.8-3kg at full term, while Kae was 3.465kg when she was born 4 days before full term.

This is also why my sugar level is high on the average range this time round and why my iron count is low. I need more good food!

2 comments:

  1. let's go eat at nanbantei! onz? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wei ling5:02 PM

    u should really have proper lunch! how about i pick u up for a lunch date? =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...