Thursday, July 08, 2010

3 weeks and counting

Kerri is now 3 weeks old.


Yay! Just 1 more week to go to her first month baby shower. The only problem is we haven't really sort out the guest list and catering as I type. You see, I actually want this to be a small affair (I'm actually quite tempted to just skip the shower altogether and just have a simple dinner within the immediate family circle). As our estate does not have a function room. And the largest barbeque pit area can only seat 25 pax (there're only 25 chairs). I have trimmed my friends' list to the smallest possible, believe me. But then, I think it's a bit "rude" to not invite my extended family. However, I do not want a case whereby I invite more than what my party area can accommodate, and the guests will have not much space to move around in and not enough chairs to sit on. See my dilemma?

Oh, and I so need to get something for Kerri to wear for her 1st month shower. Shopping time on saturday! Hey, I should get me something to wear too!

Anyway, Kerri is still drinking and drinking and drinking. She is having 9-10 feeds a day, at 90-100ml per feed. I think she is a big drinker, compared to Kae, and I worry that my milk supply might not match up to her milk demand in time to come. She is a feed on demand baby, unlike Kae, whom I could "train" to drink at a specific timing, and is still crying the house down if she don't get her milk when she wants it.

I am so not looking forward to when my parents move back home. Now, they are the ones who give Kerri her nightly feeds, which can happen up to 3 times in the wee hours of the night. I do wake up once at around 3am to pump milk. And after Kae goes to school at 720am, I will go back to sleep at 8am after pumping milk of course, and only wake at 11plus in the morning. I actually woke at 12 noon today! Sigh.

And already, my eye rings are black black black. Erm, any recommendations for good eye cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...