Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a trip to JBP

Kae's school organised a school trip to the Jurong Bird Park last wednesday, and I tagged along. Big mistake.


As with the other kids, Kae was super whiny just because I was there. She clung on to me for dear life, and wouldn't let me out of her sight. She is so much better behaved and can interact freely with her teachers and friends when I am not around.


And it got worse when we reached the bird park. She started to develop this phobia for loud noises sometime this year. So when we reached the ticketing area where loud noise and music could be heard, she started to cry and insisted on me carrying her. Sigh.


So when we got into the bird park and area where the loud noise has subsided, she was all smiles again until we went into the panorail. Why, because there's the sound system in the panorail where visitors are introduced to the bird park as the panorail moves along. So, she started her whiny "I want to be carried" mood all over again.

The last straw was when we went to the amphitheatre for the birds and buddies bird show. She cried all the way and forbid me to sit together with her friends in the audience. I had to carry her up all the way to the top and stand there carrying her until the show was over.


So, throughout the whole trip, I couldn't take much photos of Kae enjoying the trip. Rather, I had to carry her and appease her most of the time. I am so not tagging along next time. Case in point, the next school trip on children's day eve to Polliwogs to celebrate children's day. I am not going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...