Thursday, March 10, 2011

1 year older

I turned 1 year older today.

We celebrated with the girls 1 day earlier with a simple dinner at Din Tai Fung (Kae's favorite noodle joint) and with my favorite cake from The Patissier, the Passion Fruit Meringue.





I was really looking forward to my birthday dinner this year, as dar decided to bring me to CUT by Wolfgang Puck at Marina Bay Sands.

"CUT restaurant in Singapore is the third location for master chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck’s critically acclaimed, award-winning Beverly Hills steakhouse of the same name in the Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel. Widely acknowledged as one of the most popular restaurants in the United States, CUT has raised the bar within the fine dining industry and the Richard Meier-designed LA location has garnered high praise from prestigious publications including the New York Times, Los Angeles Times (Three Stars), Wall Street Journal and Wine Spectator and was named one of the top three steakhouses in America by Bon Appetit Magazine."

And I love love love the food!

Dar managed to snag a semi private dining booth at the side for the both of us, so we were not disturbed by the loud voices talking over dinner. Yah, even though it is a fine dining restaurant, it is not as serene as other fine dining places like Jaan.


And before we placed any order, the staff would whisk out their beef for us to see. Yes. Talk about being up close and personal with the red meat. They never looked so yummy! Look at the marbling on the meat!


We had a starter to share, as we were afraid we would be too full to enjoy our main course later. We chose the Maple Glazed Pork Belly with Fuji Apple-Fuyu Persimmon Salad, Spiced Almonds and Sesame-Orange Dressing. It is a refreshing oriental dish to me in an all american diner.


And then comes the highlight of the dinner. My red meat. I had the True Japanese 100% Wagyu Beef from Saga Prefecture, Kyushu, Japan, with foie gras as a side.



While dar had the American Wagyu / Angus "Kobe Style" Beef from Snake River Farms, Idaho.


The presentation of all the food is the same. Each and every meat or sides is placed on a huge white plate. Yes. If you order 3 sides, you will have 3 plates. I kind of like this simple layout. The focus is on the food. And oh my, beef will never taste the same again, ever. Wagyu is my love now. I cannot forget how the meat just melts in my mouth. Yes, they literally melted. Top grade wagyu. Yum!


We ended the sumptuous dinner with their chocolate souffle. They actually poured in the chocolate sauce, some milky thingy, and ice cream into the souffle right in front of us. Lovely!



Thank you dar for a wonderful birthday celebration! Hmmm, now what do I want for my present?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...