Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Birthday blues

As my birthday is approaching, my dar asked me: So are you meeting your friends to celebrate your birthday?

Sadly, the answer is no.

It just hit me that I have always been the one to initiate meet-ups to celebrate another year passed in my friends' lives. Of course the main reason is to meet and catch up with one another, and the meet-up may not be on the actual date or month, as everyone is busy with their own lives.

So, I can't really initiate to meet up to celebrate my own birthday can I?

I know this sounds kind of childish and silly. But I kind of feel neglected. I always try within my means to meet up, even though my time is really tight being a mother of two, and that I have to plan everything in advance to head out without my 2 kids. It is not just leaving the 2 kids in someone else's care. I still have to prepare their food, their toiletries, their toys, their clothes etc. And when I get home, there is so much tidying up to do. Sometimes I really don't feel like heading out as there is more work involved than staying home.


Thank god I have my dar, who will always remember and celebrate my birthday with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...