Thursday, January 01, 2009

Looking Back

Happy New Year! My 1st post of the year 2009. Heh.

Looking back at 2008, I wonder where my 366 days had gone to; year 2008 was a leap year. Oh yes, all to Kaelyn Yeo! All my time and energy had been spent on my baby, and my baby is turning 1 year old soon! In 9 days' time! Time really flies. Hmm, I don't think I have accomplished anything else. I was supposed to go and earn a driving license, but alas, lazy me is still license-less. Heh. I wonder when I will finally go start learning how to drive a car. Knowing me, I would say not when I absolutely need that piece of card.

2008 was the last year when I could say my age starts with the word twenty. Yes, I will be turning 30 in March. How freaky is that. THIRY. And what have I done in my thirty years of living that I am proud of? Nothing really. Yes, maybe I am now in my mid life crisis or what nought. Have I wasted my life the past thirty years? What have I accomplish? Where do I go from here? Should I take up another degree? Should I continue to be a stay home mum? Should I focus all my energy on Kae still?

I used to have plans. I used to think that by the time I am thirty, I would be driving my own car, working in a job that I love, go for further studies to further enhance my value, etc. I used to think that by a certain age, I would have achieved what I set out to achieve. However, as time goes by, the targets in mind seem to get all blurry, and soon after, I have no idea what my plans are, and the targets in mind seem to have disappear.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy where I am now. Just that sometimes I wonder if I am really living for me, living my life. Should I explore more? Or should I just see what life brings me, and go with the flow. If it happens, it happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...