Thursday, January 08, 2009

What a scene

We were having dinner at Kopitiam at Compass Point, Sengkang. I was happily waiting for dar dar to buy dinner for me while feeding Kae with her new organic Biscotts from Hipp Organic. I heard a baby cry and I turned to look. Yes, I was just being a busybody. I saw this toddler, not much older than Kae, crying and crying. I was not sure if he was being naughty or uncomfortable or hungry.

Anyways, the woman whom I assume was his mother was scolding him. And suddenly, she slapped the poor boy just like that. SLAPPED! What the hell? I am telling you, I saw a lot of people at the surrounding tables looking at the mother. I am not saying that she is an unfit mother (who knows what kind of little terror the boy is or not), but how can you slap your own child and a toddler in this respect in public? You shouldn't even raise your hand and hit your boy at ANYTIME. Okay, she is an UNFIT mother! I was seriously horrified. I can see it in all the busybodies' eyes that they share the same sentiments. So what if you are a young mother? She looked like an ah lian. With long blonde hair, wearing super high wedges (think they are like 12cm high, seriously!), and looked super young. So were the 2 friends who were with her. God forbid the young man with her be the toddler's father. If the mother can slap the boy in public, I can't even bear to think what she will do to him when he's being naughty at home in private. Poor boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...