Wednesday, September 14, 2011

H&M finally?

And so, 11 days after they opened their first flagship in Singapore, I finally visited the H&M store located at Orchard building.

And I was quite disappointed to be honest. With all the hyped up publicity about the store opening in Singapore finally, I expected more. The clothes were really not impressive. I don't know. Maybe they cater to the younger crowd. The casual wear was really casual, nothing striking. The formal wear was average. I can get better finds at Mango and Zara anytime. The range in the men and children section was quite pathetic. And there I was, prepared to spend tonnes of money on my virgin trip, but ended up instead buying a basic tank top and a cardigan, together with 2 hello kitty tops for the girls simply because I wanted to justify my 20 minus of queuing time.

The selection in Hong Kong is definitely better, or has their standard dropped too? I thought the selection should be the same across the board? Even the range in Paris from what I remembered was better.

Or it may just simply because I was put off by the throngs of people in a 3 storey shop space. I think this must be it. You see, i am a person who can find nothing to buy during sales and at shops whereby there are too many customers and where the clothes are simply too cluttered to be found. You bet I won't be going back anytime soon. Maybe just to buy some stuff for the girls as I am not going to queue for another 20 minutes to wait for a cubicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...