Thursday, June 06, 2013

The Enormous Turnip

Our program today is to catch "The Enormous Turnip" of the Ace! Festival 2013 by the I-Theatre. This will be our first play watched at Alliance Francaise Theatre. I thought the play was wildly entertaining. I-Theatre really did a good job. Now, I am looking forward to "The Magic Porridge Pot"!
























One incident actually spoilt my mood for today. This obnoxious Indian 50+ lady was sitting next to me in the theatre. Me and Kae were seated next to the aisle. A boy of 3 year old and his mum were trying to get to their seats in the middle when the boy stepped on the strap of the indian's bag placed on the floor. Bloody monkey were her words to the boy. WTF? The mum and the Indian had a heated argument right there in the theatre. And while I think the mum would like to slap the Indian left right centre, she had to restrain herself as her son was with her. I know the mums around, including me, would love to beat the Indian to a pulp. The thing is, she was there alone without any kid at a kid's theatre play. What do you expect from a kid's play? You will be surrounded by kids. And she kept muttering bloody monkeys under her breath though loud enough for me and the mummies around her to hear. What an asshole. It was a full house, if not I would have changed my seats and sit somewhere else.


Ace! Festival 2013
Runs from 20th May till 8 June 2013 at the Alliance Francaise Theatre at Sarkies Road
http://www.acefestival.org/index.php/2013-season/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...