Sunday, November 27, 2011

Brunetti

I met my netballer friends at Brunetti for lunch today. And yes, I brought Kae along.

I had always wanted to try Brunetti since they opened in Singapore at Tanglin Mall this year. They are quite well-known for their sweets in Melbourne.

But alas, I didn't get to try the sweets at all. Why? They have a different serving culture. They do not come to take your order. Instead you have to go to the counter and order. Fine. But they do not follow a queue system. Meaning, instead of queuing up behind a cashier on a first come first order basis, you have to grab hold of a counter stuff along the stretch of high counter table and place your order. It's like eating in a bar, where you just order from whichever bar staff is available. I guess this works fine during off peak hours, but during the weekends, especially during brunch times, it's quite irritating actually.

So after finishing my Club sandwich, which was not too bad, I didn't bother to go order any sweets. Oh yah and since photography was not allowed, there are no pictures taken of the food. And their selection of food is quite pathetic. Since they are only known for their sweets. I really felt like I was eating at a bar, and not a cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...