Sunday, November 13, 2011

my 6th Barclays Open

Barclays Singapore Open returned to the golfing scene in Singapore in year 2005. I didn't go for the game in 2005 as I was not into golf then. I started in year 2006. And this is my 6th year attending the Barclays Singapore Open.

Although I do admit I am not into golf now. Especially with 2 kids on my plate. I have absolutely no time to follow what's happening in the golf scene, especially after the infamous Tiger episode, I've kinda lost interest. I've not touched a golf club since after Kaelyn was born. That's like near 4 years.

But since dar has got the tickets, and we could hang out at the Barclays Pavilion with free food, free booze, and it's kind of our yearly thing, we went anyway, even though there aren't a lot of famous players this year. For one, Adam Scott opted not to come back even though he did the last 6 years (2005-2010). So I was kinda bummed. Hah.

Further more, after the horrendous weather on day 2 and 3 of the competition, the organizers were forced to reduce the tournament to a 54 holes affair instead of the usual 72 holes.

In the end, we spent 2 hours at the course, and decided to take off, especially when it became clear that either Juvic Pagunsan or Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano will emerge the champion. Erm, who are they again?


Luckily we left when we did, as a thunderstorm came pouring again in the midst of their sudden death play off as they were tied at the end of the 54 holes.

I hope next year's tournament will be more star studded. And not so boring. And please please please let us have good golfing weather.

Oh and congrats to the 2011 champion, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...