Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our first bake

I've been telling dar that when we have an oven, I would bake cookies and cakes for the kids. And now that we've moved into our new place which comes with an oven, dar has been bugging me when I will make good my promise.

And so I did today. By baking muffins with Kae.

As this is my first time baking (I'm an idiot in cooking and baking) and using the oven, I decided to take the short cut way and use the premix.

Even with the premix, my 1st attempt went horribly wrong. Being the idiot in baking that I am, I have no idea how much 1 standard cup is. And forgetting to google the answer, I asked the sales person at Phoon Huat how much 1 standard cup usually measure. And she told me 1 litre. So I happily bought the 2 Litre measuring cup (which was the only one available then) and went home to bake my muffins. Alas, the mixture was TOO watery! Yes, go ahead and laugh. 1 standard cup is only about 237 ml. ARGH!

And so I went and buy me another pack of premix and tried again in the same day. Viola! My very first bake with Kae! She loves to bake so much, so I guess this will be the first of many more attempts. More to come definitely!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...