Thursday, July 05, 2012

Plain Vanilla

I don't always have a sweet tooth. But ever since Kae came along, she has been bossing us to buy her sweets, chocolates, and more recently, cupcakes.

And since I was around the area, I bought my very first box of Plain Vanilla cupcakes.


It is housed at a very tiny shopfront, more likely because they share the same unit with a hair salon. It's on the second floor opposite Harry's Bar and just above El Patio Mexican Restaurant & Wine Bar.

I bought 6 different flavors to try. From first row left to right: apple caramel, chai tea, strawberry white chocolate, dark chocolate, red velvet and cinnamon brown sugar.

What I like about PV cupcakes is that they use a different cake recipe for each flavor. Meaning each sponge tastes different, unlike majority of the cupcake shops in Singapore, who generally uses the same flavor for the sponge. Each sponge is then flavored further with a delicious frosting, enhancing the taste.

My favorite would have to be red velvet. I am having a thing for red velvet nowadays. Hmmm.

Plain Vanilla
Add: 34A Lorong Mambong, 2nd Level, Holland Village, Singapore 277691
Tel: 6465 5942

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...