Friday, April 19, 2013

WGS 2013 lunch at Wooloomooloo Steakhouse

The World Gourmet Summit is back, and this time, I've made lunch reservations for me and dar at Wooloomooloo Steakhouse located at Swissostel the Stamford. 


I realized I love the combination of butter with parmesan cheese and salt. The trio when taken together with a nicely warmed piece of bread taste like heaven!



For our 1st course, we had the crab tower served with grilled asparagus, poached egg and hollandaise sauce. I loved this dish!

Our 2nd dish was not that appealing. Forest mushroom soup served with garlic croutons and truffle oil. It was too oily for my taste buds, maybe cause of the truffle oil. 

The main course was filet mignon served with roasted cajun potato, watercress salad topped with salsa verde and au jus. I loved that the steak was not too small even though it was a special set lunch menu. And it was done true to medium rare, just the way I like my steaks. Good quality at a good price!


Dessert was a tad sweet; chocolate marquise served with custard sauce and toasted pistachios. Or maybe it was because I was too stuff from the 3 earlier dishes. 

While I enjoyed my lunch, I wouldn't be returning to this place if they didn't have any ongoing promotions. Their ala carte prices are not cheap and while I do enjoy a good steak now and then, I don't find it worthwhile to pay so much for a piece of meat.


Add: 2 Stamford Road, Level 3 Swisssotel the Stamford, Singapore 178882
Tel: 6338 0261


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...