Sunday, March 14, 2010

the day I turned 31

My dar took leave on my birthday to celebrate with me.

As we had too much meat the few days before my actual birthday, we decided to have a simple day with simple meals. After we sent Kae to school in the morning (hah, yes, Kae still had to go to school), we headed to Tiong Bahru Hawker Centre for some local breakfast. As I don't have the habit of eating so early in the day, we just ordered some simple food to share.


After a heavy (to me!) breakfast, we spent the day at the driving range and at Vivocity. And it actually rained very heavily for the 1st time in weeks! Argh. Of all days.

We picked up Kae from school and decided to bring her to Polliwogs at East Coast Park to let her have some fun. I've long wanted to bring her there, so, we decided to do so as dar was with me, as I don't think I can handle following her all around the indoor playground with my big big tummy.


And boy was I right. The adults have to keep bending down to follow the kiddos around due to the height limit. But Kae had a good time! Though she wanted dar to try the stations before she dare to attempt them herself.







After the tiring hour, we headed to Siglap Coffee Club for a quiet family dinner, or so I thought. Dar had actually arranged with 3 of my girlfriends to join us for a surprise dinner. Hah! Thanks dar dar! I seriously had no idea! Thanks dears for making time to have a quiet celebration with me, muacks!




1 comment:

  1. So sweet of your hubby to take leave on your birthday...

    I like Tiong Bahru market from time to time (except that it can be too hot sometimes), and the Chee Kueh is a must (even if its really greasy)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...