Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Santouka over Ippudo

I finally ate at Ippudo today.


I was quite disappointed actually. I had the Shiromaru Classic: the Original recipe tonkotsu soup served with thin noodles, Rosu chashu (Pork Loin), cabbage, kikurage & scallions. Overall, the broth was good, not too salty. However, that was about it. The egg yolk was not runny. The noodles taste a bit too "hard". The char siew did not melt in my mouth.



And the verdict is clear. Santouka wins hands down. Maybe I should return to Ippudo another day and try their Akamaru Modern: the Original recipe enhanced with Ippudo’s special blended miso paste, served with thin noodles, Buta Bara (Pork Belly), kikurage, scallions and fragrant garlic oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...