Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Nanbantei: Best Yakitori for now

We went for Yakitori at Nanbantei on Sunday as an early birthday celebration for yours truly. Yes, I am turning one year older. Again.


The first time I ate at Nanbantei was in Tokyo last october. My second time was in Singapore just in january, thanks to Ginny's recommendation. And this is my third time now.

I thought that the food was better in Tokyo compared to Singapore. But the Singapore branch is quite good actually. My favourite: their lamb chops, their chicken wings, and their asparagus wrappped with pork. Oh oh, and not forgetting their sweet corn! You have to order these 4 foods when there.


Oh, and if you want value for money, you could head there for lunch, as they serve their value bento sets. I am not sure if they only serve these during weekends, as I don't remember they served these when I was there on a weekday; I tried their bento set when I was there on sunday.

But, I do think that the food taste better when ordered ala carte. As the yakitori in the bento set was not really served piping hot from the oven.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:32 AM

    clarice and me just went last week! yums! and yes, they do have the bentos for weekday lunch. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...