Monday, April 12, 2010

Random food thoughts

Last week, we went to various places for random food.

First stop, Kay Lee Roast Meat. I thought that the char siew was nice. The roast meat was average. The roast duck was quite tough though I lurve the skin. The best part of the meal I thought was their brewed soup! We ordered their pepper pig's stomach soup. It was divine! Can I just go back there for soup and not for their meat? Hee.

Second, Yong He Beancurd and You Tiao. I haven't been to this place since university days. And apparently, they've moved from Lorong 9 to Lorong 27A. So please take note! We actually circled around Geylang area 3 times before I searched on HungryGoWhere.com and discovered that they've moved.


Third, Koi Bubble Tea. It seems like there's been so much hype about this particular brand of bubble tea; there're always queues for this tea at the People Park's outlet. So, I decided to try this out when we headed towards Marine Parade; there's an outlet there too. We tried their Honey milk tea and Caramel milk tea. I lurve the latter. Although I won't join the long queue just to buy the tea. There was no queue at the Marine Parade outlet when we reached. Maybe because it was raining heavily!


Lastly, Hongkong dessert at Honeymoon Dessert at Vivocity. Apparently, this is a Hong Kong based chain, which established its first store in Sai Kung District of Hong Kong in 1995. As I was craving for dessert, we decided to give the place a try. I had the mango pomelo and sago sweet soup while dar has the coco mango tofu pudding. I thought both were great. But they would have tasted better if they had been more chilled. Also, the portion could have been bigger. But all in all, the standard is not bad compared to what we can get in Singapore currently.



And I am hungry now.

1 comment:

  1. loving the drink and the pudding!! and ur cute princess!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...