Thursday, April 01, 2010

the Start of the Final leg

We went to the gynae today for my routine check up. I'm into my 27th week now and will be into my 28th week in 2 days time. Which means I'm into my 3rd trimester of the pregnancy. Baby K now weighs about 1kg.

PS: the top pic shows baby K's face, and the bottom shows her hands and feet.

I have no idea why, but this pregnancy seems to be longer than last time round. As in it seems like forever that baby K is in my stomach. Of course I do not want her to enter the world earlier; problems like jaundice and other complications (touch wood) may kick in. It just seems like I've been pregnant for the longest time.

And also, I've been experiencing Braxton Hicks like forever! The contractions always come at night when I sleep, and it can lasts for like minimum 30 minutes each time! Argh, I've never felt this uncomfortable the last time round.

People say that it's different the 2nd time round. As in you won't feel so anxious. You won't need to buy so many things for the new baby. You won't feel unprepared as you've been there and done that. But I am worried that I may be too complacent for my own good.

We still haven't settle the lack of our baby cot, if you've read my previous post on this pregnancy. And the baby room aka Kae's room is now a mess with all Kae's toys. Kae's wardrobe is already filled to the brim with Kae's clothes. And I haven't get down to washing baby K's clothes yet. Even though my edd is 26th June. I keep thinking that baby K wanna see the world earlier.

Hopefully, we will settle the baby room within the next week or so. And I do hope to clear some wardrobe space at the same time too. It's time to weed out the useless toys and clothes that my 2 K's will never wear (again)! Which means throwing of stuff! Yay! I lurve to throw junk away! Haha!

One major problem I foresee will be our sleep. Kae will be sleeping with us still while baby K will be made to sleep alone in the baby room. I wanna train baby K to be independent and not be like Kae, who needs to sleep with us. The problem is while tending to baby K's nightly feeds, Kae has to be looked after too, as she wakes nightly anytime between 3-5am for milk. Maybe I should increase her night dosage again. Sigh. I think I am in need of another super magical eye cream. And so does my dar, as I think he won't be sleeping well too, as Kae always whines for him at night when she wakes.

Also, no pacifier, no rocking of baby K. Kae is, sad to say, still looking for her pacifier every now and then, especially when she's sad. And I want baby K to fall sleep on her own without any rocking or swinging. No yao lan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...