Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Kidney!

My gauge of how good a Bak Kut Teh house is: the kidneys.

Not many stalls can cook the kidneys to perfection. Which in my opinion has to be chewy and raw in the inside and not overly cooked like those found in food courts. A lot like how foie gras should taste.

It's been a while since I had bak kut teh, so me and the hubs went to Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh at Havelock Road for dinner when the girls were not with us.

The price of a bowl of kidneys is a whooping $7.50, but I was only too glad to pay the price. Why? It is now the best tasting kidney I've had! The pieces are plentiful, thick, juicy and not overly cooked, just the way I like kidneys to be.

And I am not saying this just because I know one of the bosses. Heehee.

Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh
Add: 593 Havelock Road, Singapore 169641
Tel: 6235 7716

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...