Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Dessert and Ramen Shop

I tried out 2 new eateries today.

The first is 發記甜品 Lucky Dessert at Vivocity. They have branches in the West of Singapore, but those are too west for me. Heh. I have a nagging suspicion that this was the same dessert branch which my friend brought me to when I was in Hong Kong in year 2007, and I totally loved the dessert there!

I ordered the mango wrap and iced mango pomelo to have, all by myself! The mango wrap is nice, with quite a fair bit of mango pieces inside the wrap.


My favorite has to be the iced mango pomelo. There are chunks and chunks of mango slices within the iced dessert! Even the ice is mango flavored!


Definitely a dessert stall to try, I think this is way better than Honeymoon dessert!

Add: #02-125 Vivocity
Tel: 6476 8722

~~~~~

Dar and me were walking along at Ion, trying to find a place to eat, when we stumbled across Menya Musashi.

This is their second branch after the first opned at Raffles City shopping centre. I think not many people knows about this Ion branch because it was not at all crowded! So we took the chance to try the ramen for the very first time.

Although they are well known for their dipping noodles, we ordered their ramen to try instead.

Dar had their white cha shu (original based with char siew) soup ramen, and I had their red kakuni (spicy based with fatty meat) soup ramen.


The first mouthfuls were heavenly as the soup was seriously rich and thick. But after eating half of the ramen, the soup proved to be overpowering, and I grew sick of the soup. And I thought their kakuni (fatty meat) were too fatty for me. I still prefer the char siew at Santouka.

We had their gyoza too which is very average tasting.

Menya Musashi
Add: 2 Orchard Turn, #B3-25 Ion Orchard, Singapore
Tel: 6509 9394

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...