Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dar's Birthday Celebration Part 2

And it was finally time Kae had been waiting for. After walking around for about 10 minutes, we ventured into Uncle Ringo's circus. Thought all the rides look quite old, the price was not "old". I think we changed a total of $20 tokens? And we only managed 4 rides in all, 3 for Kae and 1 wasted ride on Kerri! So expensive!



Kae's 1st ride and Kerri's wasted ride. The bike ride.




I wasn't too impressed with the prizes either.



Kae's 2nd ride, the Swing Chair.





Her last and most tedious ride, the Paddle Boat. She played quite well!


And poor Kerri could only looked on! Since she was too scared to ride on the bike ride.

Bye bye River Hongbao! I must say I was quite disappointed, as I thought there would be fireworks, which they had the last time I was there say 3-4 years ago.

Add: 23 Tagore Lane, #01-17 Tagore 23 Warehouse, Singapore 787601
Tel: 6455 7395/ 6459 2212

~~~~~

The next morning, we went down for breakfast. We should have listened to the staff's suggestion to have an early breakfast. We went down at 915am, and got seated only just before 10am. Yes, Greenhouse was that crowded! Full of tourists and tourists and tourists, I kinda lost my appetite for breakfast. So much so that this was the food I enjoyed the most during the whole meal. 


And Kae was busy entertaining herself with taking photos with my iphone. All these photos.






And it was time to check out of the hotel, but not before we took some parting shots.






~~~~~

And our last celebration was with dinner on the actual day. We decided on Brussels Sprouts, as we wanted to head to Quayside Isle located at Sentosa Cove for dinner, and that was one of the more kids friendly restaurants amongst the many restaurants there. 






One good thing about eating at Brussels Sprouts on weekends (if you do not already know), is that every one kid 10 years and below eat for free with every one paying adult who orders a main course. And the kid's portion at the Sentosa Cove outlet is huge! I don't remember the portion at Robertson Quay being so generous the last time we were there.

And I could finally order my mussels! Yup, I ordered their Moules Frites, mussels as my main course, which also included free flow of fries. The stock I chose was their Ostendaise, which was a mixture of fish stock, lobster bisque, grey shrimp and mushroom. I think I was too excited at having mussels, and when they did arrived, they tasted good but not great. Now I keep missing the yummy mussels we had with the Seows when we visited Perth in end 2009.


Dar ordered their Filet Americain, which was the belgian version of beef tartare with fries. We were both expecting the food to be like tuna tartare served in slices, but instead, the beef was served minced. Which the birthday boy did not enjoy. Hah!



We changed to outdoor seating after our food. To enjoy our belgian beer with the cool breeze. 

This new area, Quayside Isle, is quite happening, and I foresee business here to prosper within the next few months, which is a given for any new and hip eating area. Reservations are a must for most of the restaurants here. But we will have to see if this place can attract a steady flow of customers, given the place is accessible only by car, as it is all the way into Sentosa Cove. 



Brussels Sprouts (Quayside Isle at Sentosa Cove)
Add: 31 Ocean Way, #01-01 Quayside Isle, Singapore 098375
Tel: 6684 4344


Add: 31 Ocean Way, Sentosa cove, Singapore 098375
Tel: 6887 3502



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...