Wednesday, February 20, 2013

the Best Bak Chor Mee!

Ever since they moved out from the Bestway Building, I had not been eating my favorite Bak Chor Mee from High Street Tai Wah Pork Noodle. Because I used to head there for lunch on saturdays with the girls when Kae does not have any ballet classes. It was so much easier to eat there than at Hong Lim Food Centre, where they are situated now.

And since I was meeting dar for lunch today, we took the chance to head there for lunch. As we reached late after 130pm, there were only 2 in the queue and we were the 3rd. Oh how I miss my bak chor mee!

This stall at Hong Lim Food Centre is run by the sons of the owners from the previous stall at Bestway Building. There is another stall at Crawford Lane which goes by the name Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle (run by the brother of the owners from the previous stall at Bestway Building), which I tried once and did not like as much; their version is more vinegary which overpowers any other flavors there is in the noodles. But this is only my humble opinion. 

There is a write up on the whole family saga of their Bak Chor Mee, and you can refer to the link here


High Street Tai Wah Pork Noodle
Add: Blk 531A Upper Cross Street, #02-17 Hong Lim Food Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...