Friday, November 23, 2012

the day it POURED

It was a crappy day today.

First, we headed to repair our iPad. Yes the inevitable has happened. The girls dropped the iPad and the screen cracked. And so after asking around with friends, I decided to head to The Repair Hospital to get it fixed.

They charged me $160 nett for the replacement of the screen, which I thought was alright. Well, we need the iPad for our upcoming trip to Aussie land. So we do not have much of a choice do we? The last I check with Apple, it costs about $400ish for a replacement of the iPad. Yes, they replace the whole iPad.


Add: 460 Alexandra Road, #02-39 ARC, Singapore 119963
Tel: 8383 0821

~~~~~

Kae and I were caught  in the super heavy downpour on our way to pick up Kerri. And I do mean HEAVY. We were on bus number 10 on our way from ARC to Mountbatten when it started to pour at Shenton Way. Seated at the upper deck, I saw that it was very very foggy; I could not even make out Suntec City while we were opposite Esplanade! And so, I alighted and ran with Kae sharing one umbrella to Citylink Mall.

The weather seemed like it was in a freaking bad mood. Lightnings flashed every few minutes, thunders roared every few seconds. People were all taking shelter at the shopping centres. Kae and I waited out about an hour before the rain subsided and we went right to pick Kerri.

I wanted to take a cab back home with the girls, but due to the crappy weather, I could not even get through the cab companies' hotlines. My handphone battery was dying on me too. With no other way, we walked to take the mrt back home. 

And this was my view on the mrt. With me carrying Kerri and 2 big bags, Kae could only hold on to the rails herself. And the fine young generation of our society today just looked on and continued with their games on their mobiles. SHAME ON YOU!

In the end, it was a lady of my age who helped me block out 2 seats with her body when 2 people vacated their seats opposite the fine young generation. Thank you lady in a coral colored dress!

~~~~~

After the grueling train ride, we finally reached Botanic Gardens station. I was so tired I decided to just head to Bar Bar Black Sheep with the girls for dinner. And of course, a much needed tonic!

The girls were considered to be quite well behaved that night. Maybe it was because they had new colored pencils and a new coloring book to distract them.



We sat inside this time round. The whole place is very cosy. Luckily for us, it was not a full house night. Maybe it was because of the wet weather.



I ordered the granchio pasta dish for the girls, which they had the last time we were there. Shredded crabmeat with tomato based pasta. While I decided to try their grilled chicken salad, which was well worth the money and very delish!



First dinner date with just the girls (forced by circumstances)! Success!


Bar Bar Black Sheep at Cluny Court
Add: 501 Bukit Timah Road, #01-05C Cluny Court, Singapore 259760
Tel: 6763 4757


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...