Friday, May 23, 2014

Lunch at Restaurant Ember

I met up with Aud, Ked and D for lunch at Restaurant Ember today. 


Their menu was super impressive. 6 choices from each category to choose from. But be warned, by the time we ordered, which was slightly after 1pm, 2 of the 6 selections for the main course were sold out, namely the tenderloin and the cod.




I love their bread. I think it was some tomato herd bread. Freshly baked with goodness.


For my starter, instead of my usual foie gras choice, I chose their pan roasted scallop with parma ham, citrus and tarragon vinaigrette. Yummy!


My choice for the mains was the pan seared Chilean seabass with mushroom and smoke bacon ragout, in truffle yuzu butter sauce. I love this dish! But somehow, the seabass tasted simply like a cod fish to me.


Dessert was the warm valrhona chocolate fondant with vanilla ice-cream. I finished this within minutes!


The original head chef left just recently in end April I think, and after this meal, I think the regulars should be pretty satisfied with what the new head chef has done for the place. I hope to be back real soon!


Add: 50 Keong Saik Road, Hotel 1929, Singapore 089158
Tel: 6347 1928

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...