Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sanpoutei Ramen

I didn't have time to cook dinner before we left the house for the girls' Berries lessons today, so we head to Holland Village for dinner. Our first taste of Sanpoutei Ramen.




Sanpoutei's speciality is their Niigata Shoyu Ramen. Which I fell in love with. I am never a fan of shoyu flavor; usually I order shio. But their Niigata Shoyu Ramen just won me over. The broth was not typical shoyu tasting. And they served the ramen with aburi chashu, tenderly stewed no less. Easily my second/third favorite ramen shop after Santouka and Ikkousha!


Their Butariki Niigata Rice mini don was pretty great too. The pork, egg yolk and rice just tasted so good mixed together.


We ordered the deep fried spring chicken just for the oroshi yuzu ponzu sauce (which was mixed together with the grated radish placed on top of the chicken). Yes, we are yuzu and ponzu fans. But sadly, this dish was just average.


I reckon we will visit this shop very often in the many Wednesdays to come.


Add: 253 Holland Avenue, #01-01 Holland Village, Singapore 278982
Tel: 6463 7277


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...