Wednesday, June 04, 2008

And it's finally all over....

* This was originally posted on 15 October 2005 at http://annesoh.blogs.friendster.com/blahblahblahsss *


Okay, this post is long over due... by like 2 weeks less 1 day...

Yes, for those who were around with me on 3rd Oct.. a Big Thank you! esp to my sisters, Clarice, Ginny, Synyi, Audrey n Keddy.. Thanks for being "on time" heehee. I am not good with words.. but i appreciate your help rendered on that working day, thanx for taking leave off work, and to Aud, thanx for starting on your new job one day later :P

Had mixed feelings after the wedding:
I already went thru this on June 18, when we had our ROM at Bacchus Wine bar at the Fullerton Waterboat House. That was more fun. As it was en evening thing, with only 60 plus guests : immediate family and close frenz. A smaller crowd was easier to manage. We had more time to interact, and I mean REALLY TALK to our own frenz. Had time to entertain them, drink, eat and make merry with them. That was fun! So when it comes to 3rd Oct, it felt like a repetition. Only that we have half the time to manage like 5-6 times the number of guests... and I DID NOT get to talk at all to my frenz and colleagues. Zit, Nil. The time was spent marching in and out, taking fotos with all tables, and with faces i dunno. smiling at the camera, until my jaws hurt. Trying to eat as much as I can. No fun here. None at all. It's more like a process that I have to go thru to be known officially as Mrs Yeo.

Was quite sad that I did not have time to take fotos with all my frenz and colleagues: not able to capture the happy moment in my life with pple who were there to celebrate my next phase in life.

Was quite sad that pple who mattered to me, did not turn up for my wedding. Sometimes I think (disclaimer here: this is only for certain pple, not all, so pl dun take this personally): are they really not in singapore, have another wedding dinner to attend (mine was on a monday for crying out loud!), last minute got meeting, appt they simply muz attend, if not they will get fired, or they simply bo-chup, and just cook up some cock and bull story to get out of giving ang pow and avoid having yet another slow boring eating experience (its end of year : a lot of wedding dinners!). Are they not my frenz? Or have i placed them too near my heart in my frenz catergory? Maybe it's time to re-think about their position. This brings me to another thought: How many frenz do we actually have?

Was very touched by the speech my hubby made for me. For those who were there, werent you? I cld never muster the courage to say so many thanks in front of a large audience, not even mentioning abt professing my love for the love of my life. Thanks dar.

Towards the end of the night, during the traditional shaking of hands and saying bye byes, i tried to take as many fotos as the queue for hand shaking allows me to.. Again, not able to take with each and every one... argh.

Notwithstanding the above, I had fun. And I will definitely miss the whole process of choosing a life partner n soulmate, choosing the gown, the ROM venue, the hotel, the photo-taking (the wedding album). And of course, we all hope to go through this one process only once in our lives. To my dear gal frenz, esp, Debbie, Debra, Cherine, Ked, Aud and Synyi, who are embarking on this same journey starting from Nov with Ked first, enjoy the whole process.

Quite sad really when it's all over. There are the bills to pay. and the responsibilities etc. But that's another story altogether.


* This was originally posted on 15 October 2005 at http://annesoh.blogs.friendster.com/blahblahblahsss *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...