Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Love for Foie Gras

* This was originally posted on 8 July 2006 at http://annesoh.blogs.friendster.com/blahblahblahsss *

Have started to love this dish recently. Foie Gras (pronounced as fwä grä) is a pate made from goose liver (marinated in cognac) and truffles.

My first real attempt of this delicacy was not at all pleasant. It was at the Annual Raffles Hotel Wine, Food & Arts Experience 2005, The Cuisine of Jacques & Laurent Pourcel with the Wines of Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé. I was like, eeekkwwwws, what's this weird tasting food. I didn't even finish it. But somehow, I was intrigued by this weird taste.

Soon after, whenever we happen to dine at places which serves this dish, I would tend to order this, although not everytime, as it is a really small portion of liver at a high price.
My favourite Foie Gras would be the ones served at Au Jardin. Their appetizer selection is to die for. They serve in 4 different versions on one plate: foie gras caramel custard, salt cured foie gras, roasted foie gras & mango, duck rillettes & foie gras terrine.

Just had my dose of foie gras yesterday at the Sun with Moon Japanese Dining & Cafe. Not super duper fantastic. But on the bright side, my craving for goose liver was cured temporarily. For the time being that is....

ps: my last goose liver was on 1 oct 2006 at il lido.... so loooong ago...

pss: the foie gras (duck liver) at Au Petit Salut is to die for! large serving too :)

* This was originally posted on 8 July 2006 at http://annesoh.blogs.friendster.com/blahblahblahsss *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...