Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Watching Golf, really

* This was originally posted on 9 September 2006 at http://annesoh.blogs.friendster.com/blahblahblahsss *


I've just went to watch Round 3 of the Barclays Singapore Open 2006, held at the Sentosa Golf Club. Held over 4 days, the Barclays Singapore Open is a full field event on the Asian Tour which features a maximum field of 150 players. This is what I've learnt from 6 hours of being in the hot hot sun:

(1) Apply Sunblock on any part that is not covered by clothing. I always put on loads of sunblock when I play golf on the greens myself, but it never did occur to me to apply sunblock when I go to watch other people play golf! Awwwk. So now, I am as red as a lobster. Need to buy new dresses that won't show my lines for the upcoming wedding dinners. Sigh.

(2) Wear golf attire, or very thin cloth. It was freaking hot yesterday. I was wearing a spaghetti top and 3/4s pants. And I was still sweating like mad, buckets and loads. I don't even perspire that much when I run on the threadmill for 45 minutes! Next time, I am gng to wear shorts and a tank top instead. If I could, I would wear a bikini top. Hahah.

(3) Wear golf shoes, or any comfy shoes that cover your whole feet. Walking the 18 holes is different from playing the 18 holes. I don't feel tired at all playing the 18 holes. But walking the 18 holes is bloody exhausting. In addition, you have to squeeze with hundreds of people who are eager to push their way through to watch their fav players. Walking along the long strands of grass doesn't help to prevent the itch either.

(4) If you have long hair, tie them. I forgot to bring my rubber band and I had to depend on the hat to hold my hair together.

5) Bring a cap or hat. They are particularly useful in blocking the rays off my precious face. My whole body was red, but thankfully, my face was spared.

(6) Shades? This is up to you. But if you wear shades, maybe you should consider wearing a cap/hat too. My dar was wearing just shades (as he has to give up his hat to me), and he now has slightly paler circles around his eyes, compared to the rest of his face.

(7) Drink loads of H2O/beer. My first beer after Hole 4 was D-I-V-I-N-E.

(8) Adam Scott looks like Prince William! A much much cuter version too. Heh. See his side view. He's my fav golf player now, and is currently the world's number six. He's also the defending champion, being the winner for the Singapore Open 2005. And his back view is the closest I can get. Hah.


* This was originally posted on 9 September 2006 at http://annesoh.blogs.friendster.com/blahblahblahsss *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...