Wednesday, February 25, 2009

COVA Pasticceria

I met Clarice for coffee tuesday. She suggested meeting at Ova, as she thought the coffee there was quite good.

It was when I looked through the menu that I realised that the place is called COVA, and not Ova. Haha. I know it is a stupid mistake. But seriously, look at the brand logo!



Anyway, the place is nice. Located at the ground floor of Paragon Shopping Centre, the café presents an atmosphere reminiscent of the COVA establishment that is situated on the famous fashion street of Via Montenapoleone in Milan, Italy. COVA Pasticceria has a seating capacity for 108 customers in its two main sections viz. tea room and open concept café.

The only thing is: I thought that this place is a tad over-priced. One cup of latte can set you back by $9, and this is excluding the taxes and service charge. To be fair, their coffee was not bad, but I can get great coffee at half that price. Apparently, their coffee blend is made up of seven kinds of Arabica blends from the finest plantations in Central America and Brazil. My classic afternoon tea set is priced at $16, excluding taxes and service charge. Hiak. But their presentation is really quite classy. A pity I forgot to take more pictures of the many more pastries and drinks that we had when Clarice arrived (she was 30 minutes late :P). Oh and thanks Clarice for the tea treat! Heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...