Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 Tiny discoveries on a Tuesday

Okay, my mother decided to clear some of her overtime off and took a tuesday off, so I was free for 2 tuesdays in a row! Heh.

I made 2 discoveries on tuesday. First pleasant discovery, Decleor Institute. I was just itching to go for a facial since I didn't have anything else to do. Don't get me wrong. I am not the typical tai tai who goes for facial, high tea, mahjong, when I have nothing to do. This was only my 4th facial in my life! My first was at a HDB place when I was in junior college and tagged along with my mother. The 2nd and 3rd were when I was pregnant, and I couldn't stand doing massages. So there. My only routine luxury is my pedicure sessions, which only occur once every 6-8 weeks. So there again.

Decleor was highly recommended by Huimin. Hah. I asked the right person! The facial is nothing like the ones I done at Asian Spa at Fullerton Hotel (my 2nd) and Aspara Spa at Amara Hotel (my 3rd). I took the facial that comes with a 15 minutes back massage, the Aromaplastry. It is a multi-vitamin treatment with a delicious and surprising texture. It comforts, nourishes and relaxes the skin with 100% natural flax seeds, wheat germ and sunflower seeds. I lurve the smell of the mask! Smells like oat, yummy! All in all, the experience was heavenly! How can one complain with the heated pillow placed at the tummy area, a heated bed, soothing music, nice smelling essential oils, the comfortable massage strokes on the face, etc. Hah. I will bring dar there one day and he will fall in love with the facial too and buy us the package! Wahaha. Yes, he will be reading this! :P So until I find another good facial place with a less steep price tag, Decleor is the one.

My second unpleasant discovery, Gelare has closed down? We went to Suntec City happily on a Tuesday for Gelare, as their waffles are sold half their usual price on every Tuesday. Imagine our surprise when the outlet is now closed, and there was a note which mentioned that the shop is closed for renovation. But the shop name was not specified. Hmm. I knew that the outlet at City Link mall has closed down. But never mind. We thought we could try the outlet at Siglap. Lo and behold, the one at Siglap has closed down and taken over by another cafe. And the thing is, the old Gelare outlet is still intact. The new cafe only took down the Gelare sign. The furniture and shop still is the same. It's like as if Gelare has closed down overnight! Apparently, the outlets at East Coast Park, Far East Plaza and Plaza Singapura are no longer in operation too. Sigh. And the website http://www.gelare.com.sg/ is no longer in use. Argh, there goes my honey malt crunch flavored ice-cream. Sigh. So, Scoopz and Island Creamery will be seeing more of me. Hah!

1 comment:

  1. Lingfeng1:39 PM

    Yah, was surprised gelare has closed down after walking past it's old place at Citylink. Maybe it was bought over by the new cafe coz it looked exactly the same as before, except signboard's changed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...