Monday, June 22, 2009

a packed Father's Day weekend

Boy, were we busy the last few days!

I was up and about early on friday, if you refer to my previous post. I was up and about early on saturday and sunday too. I am damn tired! Hah! As mentioned in my previous post, we went to Jacob Ballas Children's Garden located at the Singapore Botanic Gardens. I had been on the lookout for places to bring Kae to so that she won't be bored with just hanging out at shopping centres every weekend. Viola! Actually I heard of this from Cherine, and I saw an article about JBCG at Neuro Tree. So we went. Erm, but not before we went to Bestway Building for the best Bak Chor Mee in Singapore, High Street Tai Wah Pork Noodle! Yummy!


We didn't manage to find the parking right at the JBCG. Instead we parked at the Cluny Gate carpark, but no matter, the walking distance from where we were to JBCG was bearable! Heehee. We were real lucky actually. As the weather was kind to us. It was not sunny at all, and it didn't rain; it seemed like it would.





Of all the stations at JBCG, Kae lurves the waterplay area and the suspension bridge the best. She walked back and forth on the bridge like 4 times, and she didn't want to leave the waterplay area. Until we had to forcibly drag her away. Hah!



As we were like just minutes away from Serene Centre, we went for ice-cream at Island Creamery. We had their mud pie, and 2 scoops of Pulut Hitam and Nutella ice-cream. Yum! I lurve the Pulut Hitam. Yum! This is now my 2nd favourite ice-cream place after Scoopz. I will be scouting for more ice-cream places, hahaha. And from where we were sitting, I manage to find photographs of 2 people we know; you can print your pictures at Island Creamery and they will be pinned up on their wall. Hah.


We ended the night with dinner at Tambuah Mas. Hmm, somehow the standard seemed to have drop. Think we will just stick to their yummy curry puffs in future instead.

We decided to celebrate Father's Day with brunch at Jones the Grocer, and their food did not disappoint! It is only our 2nd time there, and Kae's 1st. Dar had the pancakes again as Kae (and dar himself will) can only eat that. I had the Jones breakfast which I thought was delish! I want to go back for more!



We didn't make it for Kae's last session at Gymboree as the poor dear was too tired, and she drifted to sleep immediately in the car after we left Jones the Grocer. So, off we went to Suntec City to walk walk (again). And we discovered that Kae lurves cookie monster and big bird! Hah! Maybe that's because she always play with the magnets of these 2 characters at home. She cried when we took the cookie monster away from her. Luckily not for long though.


I seriously suspect she lurves soft toys. Maybe I should start to bring out my boxes of soft toys from Bishan to wash and pass all to her. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...