Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yay and Nay Day

I thought I would head back to Tea Cosy today for a slice of my happy food, foie gras.

The last time I was there, I remembered the standard dropped. The foie gras was cooked till too hard, and the portion had shrank. So I thought to myself then I had to find another place where I could indulge in my favorite food of all times.

Today, I decided to give them another chance. Was I glad I did. Thought there was a $1 price increase, though less greens accompanied the liver, the liver tasted great! And the portion was acceptable. Yay! But one bad thing was, for the first time in my life, I felt queasy when I finished my finger licking good liver. This was a first for me. I think the main reason is that I have been trying to steer clear of carbs for the past 1-2 weeks.


And I badly needed my caffeine fix. I didn't get to sleep much as the 2 girls kept waking up at different times of the night.

Add: 68 Orchard Road, #05-10 Plaza Singapura, Singapore 238839
Tel: 6341 9318

~~~~~

Dar and me visited Timbre at The Arts House later in the evening for dinner and beer. I can safely say that I won't be returning to this place anytime soon. First, their promotion for Pizza and 2 beers was just $1-2 cheaper? Secondly, I thought that the staff seemed rude. And the place was not that crowded. Thirdly, the pizza was not good, just average tasting dough. And lastly, the cashier didn't even know that we were entitled to a 10% off food when we paid using a OCBC credit card. Lucky for us, we checked the bill before we signed for it. And they didn't even do a reverse credit slip, they just reimbursed us the discounted amount. Faint.

Timbre at The Arts House
Add: 1 Old Parliment Lane, #01-04 The Arts House, Singapore 179429
Tel: 6336 3386


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...