Tuesday, April 08, 2014

hic'Juice Restore Cleanse Day 1

I've always been curious about detox. I tried the Master Cleanse once last year and I only lasted 2 days. And during that 2 days I cheated: I munched a bit here and there. And so, when thebokeeffect had a promotional code going on courtesy of hic'Juice, I decided to take the plunge. And I decided to be more gung ho and opted for the 3 days Level 2 Restore cleanse. Even though it was encouraged for first timers to start with the Level 1 Reboot cleanse. Well, technically, I did try the Master Cleanse. And I was looking at the difference between the Reboot and Restore Cleanse. The main difference is that for Reboot, you start out with more fruits than greens. And the 1st and 2nd days of juice cleanse for Restore seem to be what one will get for the 2nd and 3rd days for Reboot respectively.

My intention was to take the 3 days cleanse when the man was on his week long business trip but I missed the date line to order to start on that day I wanted. Hence, I started a week later.

I was all excited about trying the juice detox. Will I faint? Will I succumb to my hunger pangs and cravings? I am a greedy person.

So as promised, the juices were delivered to me at around 8 plus at night in 3 bags. The bags were labelled for the 3 days, and the juices were also labelled in the order we are to take them.


One thing bugged me though. The juices were supposed to be kept in glass bottles, but a few days after payment and before my cleanse started, they emailed me to and informed that they ran out of the glass bottles and juices would be stored and delivered in plastic bottles instead. In this case, I think they should have kept stock of how many glass bottles they still have and made it known to the customers prior to order and payment.

I woke up the next morning, excited to try out my first bottle. 


Order of the drinks for the day from top left clockwise and bottom left clockwise.

Determined not to cheat this time round, I even forgo my precious caffeine. I took my first bottle at around 1030am. Yes, I wake late and I wanted to start only after the girls have gone to school. The Popeye Smoothie tasted alright. Tasted exactly like a fruit juice.

I didn't fancy the 2nd bottle: Lemon N Spice. I didn't like the cayenne pepper in the Master Cleanse and I sure don't like it now. But it was drinkable. Nothing to make me gag.

I felt quite hungry by 2pm and so I drank more water. That seemed to help. But another problem kicked in. My head was throbbing. I think for some, it may be the hunger pangs kicking in. But for me, it was the absence of caffeine in my body. I eventually caved it and though it was not recommend, I had my cup of nespresso coffee. My only cheat. And my migraine slowly went away. Throughout the day, whenever I felt slightly hungry, I just gulped down a bottle of water.

Then it was time for my 1st green bottle, Green Lemonade. And I was pleasantly surprised that the juice doesn't taste bad at all. Well, I could taste the cucumbers and lettuce, but it was yummy in a green way. I thought this was way better than Lemon N Spice.

Because I started late, I had my fourth bottle for dinner. 4 Carats was quite sweet and I loved it! By this time of the day, I didn't feel hungry. I think my body had gotten used to the fact that I am detoxing and taking in no solids and just liquid.

The next 2 bottles are my favorites. The Pure Coconut Water and the Nut Milk. The Pure Coconut Water was really refreshing and the easiest to drink. But somehow it tasted diluted and not as thick as when you drink the juice from the coconut itself. The Nut Milk seemed to be everyone's favorite drink (as what I read on the other blogs). The almond taste was quite apparent in the Nut Milk and I'm not a great fan of almond. But this was the thickest and yummiest drink I have to agree, if not for the almond taste.

And I passed Day 1 with 1 cheat! Let's see how I do the next 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...