Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lunch at The Black Swan

I met up with Cherine for lunch today at the very popular restaurant, The Black Swan, today. Reservations are a must even for lunch on a weekday. All tables had a reservation card on them when I reached.


I love the decor of the whole place. Very chic european style.


But I wasn't too impressed with their food. They have a choice of a 2 course or 3 course set menu, depending on what you would want to order from the given menu. The thing that bugged me was that 3 out of the 5 choices given for the starters and mains required an additional top up. I hate it when restaurants do that. Why can't they take into consideration all the factors and charge a flat rate for the sets?

In the end, both of us ordered dishes which do require the top up. C had the crab salad while I chose the pan-seared foie gras. Again, I was disappointed by the size of the liver. I cab't believe I paid an additional $8 for such a small piece.



Both of us ordered the duck leg confit as our mains. Again, another let down. Though the exterior was crispy, the meat was sadly not too tender.


We shared a dessert in the end, which required a top up too. Their dark chocolate dome was nice. but hey, how wrong can you go with a chocolate dessert?


Maybe I would have be more satisfied with the other choices which do not require any top ups. 


The Black Swan
Add: 19 Cecil Street, Singapore 049704
Tel: 8181 3305
http://www.theblackswan.com.sg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...