Friday, March 08, 2013

Early Birthday lunch at Ikyu

Dar took afternoon off today and we headed to Ikyu for my early birthday lunch. Ikyu is an up and coming Japanese restaurant located at the now very hip Tiong Bahru area.

Basically we ordered their very affordable lunch set, their Ikyu premium Nigiri, with 6 assorted nigiri and 1 roll, depending on what fresh fish they have daily, and some ala carte orders. 

My favorite oyster was so fresh and sweet. OMG. Their chilled japanese Oyster with Ponzu (a citrus based sauce).

I believe this is the appetizer of the meal, Wagyu beef balls. 



And as we sat at the counter, we were able to see the chef conjure up all the different nigiri, as well as the freshly cut wasabi.



Freshly imported fish of the day.


And their grilled Edamame flavored in truffle. Finger licking good.


Of course we had to order a bottle of sake to share. Though I must say I'm not a good sake drinker. I tend to get headaches after drinking sake.


And then came the different nigiri. 






And there are my 3 favorites of the day, roe, uni and wagyu.



Miso soup, which completes the set meal.

And my surprise cake on the house. Dar didn't even tell them it was my birthday. Must have been dar's friend who helped him book a table who tipped the staff.




If the restaurant had been more accessible with public transport, I will definitely be returning here regularly for their affordable set lunches. Oh well, when I do get to learn driving then. Hah!


Ikyu
Add: 5 Yong Siak Street, Singapore 168643
Tel: 6223 9003
http://www.ikyu.com.sg/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...